Services to Faculty
Faculty members may check out books for one semester. Books are due the last day of final exams. You may use your faculty I.D. to check out books from any campus library (Squires Library, Music Resource Center, and Sharp Curriculum Library), as well as the Cleveland Public Library. Each library has its own established circulation policies and return dates. To review your account online:
1. Go to the library's online catalog.
2. Click on the PATRON button at the top of the screen, and follow the instructions. For more information about Circulation Services see the Library's guide to Borrowing Library Materials or call (423) 614-8551.
The Library seeks to support academic coursework by purchasing and providing access to a balanced collection of academic materials and online resources. In order to accomplish this goal, library faculty work closely with teaching faculty. Each academic department or school has a designated liaison who communicates regularly with a librarian liaison regarding book requests and other information resources. Individual teaching faculty generally go through their departmental liaison to request materials, but are welcome anytime to contact their department's designated librarian liaison or any other librarian to discuss information needs.
The Library has a conference room that is available by reservation for faculty meetings. The conference room houses a conference table with chairs and a computer with a projection screen. To reserve the conference room, contact Lydia Murch at (423) 614-8569.
Faculty Study Room
The library provides a study room for teaching faculty who desire a solitary place in the library in which to work. The room is available on a first-come basis.
New Faculty Orientation
Each year the Library provides one-on-one orientation for new faculty members. New faculty meet with their department's (or school's) librarian liaison for the following:
- A Tour of the Library
- Discussion of services for faculty and students
- An Opportunity to ask questions and to discuss information needs
- A Lunch meeting to become acquainted with the librarian who will be working closely with the academic department